Sunday, May 11, 2008

Weekly Reflection Numero 1

   This week I learn many things about choreography and teaching. One of the most important things that I noticed this week was that it is a lot harder than a thought to be a real choreographer. Throughout the week I realized that it was hard to go every day to the dance studio with inspiration. I think it is hard to be an artist and always be inspired. The days that I wasn't as inspired I took a little break and started again. This helped so that I could try again and come up with the new material and not give up.
        
    I really enjoyed having the luxury of having so much time to dance everyday.  I really like 
creating dances for other groups. It makes me have a set goal. i can dance by myself all the 
time and do not need to write all the steps down. However to teach i do have to write all the 
choreography down because I want it all to be very clear. It amazes me how I come up with an 
idea, I then teach it to them and it looks just like I wanted it to. It is like having one of your dreams come true right in front of your eyes. 
        
  I will benefit from this week of teaching dance, by realizing my weaknesses and my strengths as a dance teacher.Before this week I had no idea what kind of teacher I was. I now know what I need to work on. I had never taught more than five people a choreography 
before. Now I am teaching more than ten! I was surprised in how this group of dancer's 
understood everything that I have taught them. We moved though all the material so much 
faster than I would have ever thought. this experience will be unforgettable because of them.  
 

No comments: