Monday, May 12, 2008

Week two is here!!!!!

       I got to sleep in a little to day and started to dance at 9:15. My whole body was really sore so a stretched for sometime so that I could dance modern instead of dancing like a robot. I am choreographing the modern dance for my class and plan on starting African dance classes tomorrow. So I we will be going through the modern choreography as well as the new material. At 10:15 I took a break from the choreography. 

     From 10:55 to 11:55 I went to Drama class. We worked on memorizing ten more lines of my scene. I find that dance and acting  are very much alike. While you act you have to do specific  blocking which is kind of like a dance. I feel that taking this class has helped me become more aware of the emotions that I communicate. This helps to put more emotion into dance. At 11:55 I went back to the dance studio to finish a section in the modern choreography. 

     From 3:15 to 5:15  I went to the dance studio. I first worked with my dance class , we went through the modern dance various times. I then danced with the musical group. We made some adjustments in the dances.Tomorrow I plan to prepare my African dance class and extend on my modern dance piece. 


No comments: